Monday, March 21, 2011

Monkey'in Around....

I think the title of this post pretty much sums up the past month...to say the least we are starting to become mobile, and I'm not too sure that I am ready yet. 
The past month has meant a lot of changes for Adler.  He has started rolling around all over the place, if he sees something he thinks he needs he rolls to it (and is very proud of himself for being able to do so).  He has become quite the mover in his walker, I have about broke my neck a couple of times when turning around to go do something and finding him right under my feet.
He is also setting up, although sometimes he forgets and stiffens his body and throws himself backwards.  Needless to say no one is impressed by that move! 
When Adler and I go to Wal-Mart I have started taking him out of his car seat and setting him up in the cart, he loves it!  You would think that I had never taken him out in public before. (It's adorable)  He loves taking in the scenery in Wal-Mart including the ceilings. His new found love is ceiling fans, he is amazed by them and they don't have to be moving.  We will walk under  one and he about break his neck and my back to look at them by leaning backwards as we are walking away from them.   I also have to be careful when putting him in his bouncy seat, before now he has never tried to get out of them.  I have found him a few times almost out of it.  I will post a couple of picture below, of  how I have found him after just leaving the room for a few minutes.  He now gets buckled in every time he gets in his bouncy seat!
We are quite the eater now too, he is eating out of a spoon without any gagging!  He is like a little bird at times, especially if you aren't feeding him fast enough.  He will lean forward as far as he can with his mouth open and grunt at you, as if to say "hurry up!"  This past week we went to Enid and when it was time for Adler to eat I discovered that I didn't have a bottle!  So we ran to Wal-Greens to find they didn't have any bottles that would work, so Adler got his first sippey cup.  I was dreading giving to him, my thoughts were that it was going to be a disaster and he wasn't going to be impressed.  Needless to say I was wrong!  I put his milk in the sippey cup and he drank out of it like it was no big deal...of course I wasn't impressed, that means he is growing up and doing it way to fast!  After thinking about it a while, I decided that I have been very blessed with a baby that takes change in stride.  I told my mom on the way home from Enid that I fear that my next child might not be as easy going.  I told her God knew what he was doing by giving me an easy baby first or else he would probably be an only child!!!
Adler loves to "show-off."  He is definitely not my child in this aspect.  Any time there are people around to watch he is he biggest show off.  His favorite thing to show people is how bad his "cough" is.  It is hilarious, especially if he hears someone cough he will cough back at them.
Adler is now sleeping in his room in his crib.  This was a harder transition on me then it was on him.  The first night he was in there, there wasn't a sound out of him.  In fact he was so quiet I kept turning the volume up on the monitor to see if I could hear him.  (Of course the only thing I heard was noises that were being picked up from outside, and since I was paranoid about putting him in there to begin with, I was always running into his room seeing what the noise was!!!  Of course it was nothing.)  Then when I wouldn't hear him I would turn on the video and see hat he was still sleeping soundly, so soundly that I went in and made sure he was still breathing a couple of times throughout the night.  Thankfully after doing this for a couple of nights we are ALL now sleeping soundly.
Well nap time is about over so I better keep moving...

My first cowboy hat...


Look at me in my new bath seat!

Hanging out....

My little monkey!



No comments:

Post a Comment